Monday, April 18, 2011

New RMK Pressed Powder N SPF10 Review


Hi everyone! Here's my review on RMK's Pressed Powder N SPF 10, which featured in my Naturally Nude FOTD.


I'm a big fan of RMK's base makeup. I loved the dewiness of their Powder Foundation EX. It'a rare to find a powder that gave the skin a really nice radiant glow. At the moment however, I'm constantly on the lookout for the perfect loose/pressed powder that I can just wear on top of moisturized skin to give me a more flawless look, but with a great glow.

I loved the Dior Capture Total High Definition Loose Powder, but it was a bit on the chunky side to bring with me on my travels. When RMK's new Pressed Powder was released at the end of last month, I was very excited to try it out.


According to RMK:

With the unique blend of translucent, non-graying Snow Leaf Powder and sebum-controlling Micro Bead Powder, this new Pressed Powder works to set the foundation for an ultimate silky translucent touch that is guaranteed to stay throughout the day. Processed under the Moist Granulation where the powder formula is granulated by water for the gliding half moist texture, this powder will fit to your skin to uplift your complexion.


It comes in 5 variations.




The Pressed Powder N comes in 4 powders with different formulas:



A: To give the translucency to your skin. A lucent powder will add a translucent layer over your complexion.

B: To control and correct the tone Choose from tones that brighten or correct for an even, unified skin tone. This block will control the complexion’s colour.

C: To add a natural radiance The fine blend of pearlescent powder will add a touch of natural radiance to the complexion.

D: To cover uneven surfaces. Use on areas with open pore. Refined powder will deliver a soft veil over the uneven areas with open pores to bring out the glow of your skin.


My Thoughts:

The powder was housed in the usual RMK silver box.


The packaging is a slightly chunky (but small) matte silver box with two layers.


The first layer houses the pressed powder, and the second layer twists open to reveal a drawer containing a portable flat brush. I purchased the powder in shade 01 (pale white) from my favourite store, Selfridges. Pale pink (02) is for those who want a slight pinker complexion, and pale blue (03) is for those with slightly red complexions who want to tone down the redness.



Here are some close ups of the powder:


The narrow strip of powder in the middle has a pearlescent finish, which I really like. It's not too shimmery or glittery at all. I find it a lot more subtle in shimmer than the pearlescent strip of the RMK Powder Foundation EX.


With flash. You can see the lustre in the pearlescent strip better here:


Shade and Coverage:

This shade is suitable for those with fair skintones. As it's designed to be used over foundation, coverage is very, very sheer - less than Dior's Capture Totale High Definition Loose Powder (review can be found here). The oil control of this powder is minimal. I love the fact that it contains SPF, but I wish it was a little higher than SPF10. Makeup items don't usually contain high SPF anyway.


Finish:

The finish is amazing! It gives a lovely glow to the skin without looking too shimmery. I find most powders either too matte or too shimmery, but this one's perfect.



A couple of pics of my skin with the powder. Below of just the powder on its own:


And the powder on a recent FOTD; over moisturiser, under liquid blush.


Pros:

-contains SPF10

-did not irritate my skin

-light coverage

-gave skin a gorgeous dewy glow


Cons:

-oil control not as great as other pressed powder formulas

-RMK difficult to find outside Asia (in fact, I think the only place outside Asia to stock RMK is the UK)

-very pricey at ~£30


12 comments:

  1. You are always so photogenic Penelope! The packaging of the pressed powder looks amazing!

    Kisses, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to try this! I am tired of oily t-zones after long day of work... wonder if this will work. Of course it looks fabulous on you and you already have wonderful skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you review this product! very informative! :) too bad! oil control isnt that good! :/ hey! you're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this powder makes u look so glowy after application and the effect is so obvious!!! :D i like the fact that it has spf 10 too! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've got me interested in this rmk pressed powder! i don't own any pressed powders LOL

    since u 're pretty pale, think NARS Penny Lane would be great on u as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, I'm so jealous of your skin! Its flawless and beautiful! Thank you for the review! You look great with the product on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice glowy skin. your skin is already flawless. too bad on the oil control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skin is practically glowing! i really like how dewy your skin looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of this (although I already have my heart set on the Dior loose powder) if the Dior ends up being too light for me, I'll have to give Natural Beige a try - I love powders with a bit of glow to them, & this doesn't look too chunky or glittery. I'm looking for a sheen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi penny.. your skin looks so dewy and fresh with the powder. i love that natural no-makeup flawless look with minimal products..your skin amazes me

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks pretty in the pan but poor lasting power :( sad. great review anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm very interested with rmk products but they are
    not available here in the Philippines. Is it really worth
    the price to invest on RMK products? Very much
    interested in their primer, powder foundation ex and their pressed powder. hope you could shed some inputs about their products thanks

    ReplyDelete