Monday, April 11, 2011

As Requested: My Makeup Tools


Hi everyone! Awhile ago, some of you suggested I do a post on my makeup tools. These tools are hardly mentioned in my posts, so here's a post just on them as I find them invaluable!

My makeup tools consist of an; eyelash curler, powder brush, blush brush, two eyeshadow brushes, and an eyeliner brush. I house them in a simple glass tumbler:


For curling my lashes, I use Shu Uemura's Eyelash Curler.

As you would all probably already know, this curler is extremely popular. I like it because it does a great job of providing my lashes with a long-lasting curl. It's also quite sturdy. I've had this curler for over a year and haven't had to replace the silicone pad yet (though perhaps maybe I should!)

In the summertime, my skin tends to get a little oily so I sometime use loose powder over my skin. The brush I use for applying the powder is Lancome's Loose Powder Brush.


It's one of the softest makeup brushes I've come across. I also love how densely packed the bristles are.

For applying blusher or highlighter, I use Illamasqua's Blusher Brush 1.

I really love Illamasqua brushes. They are superbly soft, and easy to use and clean. This particular brush is suitable for use with both powder and cream blush formulas - the main reason for me loving this brush.

For applying eyeshadow, I use RMK's Eyeshadow Brush & Tip, and Urban Decay 24/7 Blending Brush.

The Urban Decay brush is perfect for blending, and can be used to blend pencil shadows as well as cream shadows.

I favour gel liners, and use Bobbi Brown's Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush.

I've been using this brush for about 8 years. Not the very same brush, (I think I've lost a couple along the way) but the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. It's the best eyeliner brush I've tried. It's very fine, so allows you to make precise lines. It's also a great quality brush which was made last a very long time.


For travelling, I find Shu Uemura's Abracadabra Fantasy Peace and Harmony Brush Set extremely useful.


I won this from Worship of the house of Blues' giveway, and did a post about it here.

The set came with a lip brush, two eyeshadow brushes and a powder/blush brush. Not only is it in a portable case, but the brushes and case are so cute that they're a joy to use!

25 comments:

  1. i like the fact that you do not have a lot of brushes.. I get really confused with people using a lot of brushes.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the above comment :)

    I think the travel set is just adorable, and Ive been wanting to try those lash curlers for ages xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the comment above. I like the simplicity of your brush collection, it makes me want to pick and choose from mine and put the rest in storage. I don't even use them all anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your brush collection! just a few brushes that definitely look great and promising.

    the shu uemura ones look so pretty too! :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collection is so streamlined! I'm impressed =) I have jars of brushes on my vanity because I'm not sure which I'll feel like using.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so dainty and pretty *envious*

    *puts you into her list of people secretly admired*

    XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh i have the same lancome brush! I don't use it as nearly as much as I should though.. the brush case in the last picture is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww the brush set is beautiful!! and your collection is just full of cutness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that feminine brush holder <3 where did you get it? awww and that gold lash curler must have been an LE :D i've never seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks girls. I'm trying to go through a 'zen' phase of 'less is more!'

    @Jennifer oh no! I can't quite remember where I got the brush holder from. i THINK it's a toothbrush holder from John Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your beauty tools! I'm a bit obsessed with tools and have way more than I need. I love how your simplistic about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good tools. Eyelash curler is a must for me.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your glossy gold eyelash curlers, the colour is beautiful :)


    DayByDiva
    DayByDiva
    DayByDiva

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love shu uemura eyelash curlers, the best curlers I've ever used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the container, and the simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've tried a few different eyelash curlers and the Shu Uemura one is definitely the best, in my opinion! I've also heard a lot of great things about Illamasqua brushes and I'm actually getting my first one in a few weeks. It's an eyeshadow brush and I'm really excited! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your makeup tools!:D

    Your Shu Uemura's Abracadabra Fantasy Peace and Harmony Brush Set is so cute.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the brush holder, its super cute! Thanks for the post my dear! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love how u added the flower to ur makeup cup!
    thx for sharing!!! i never know which brushes to use!

    http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Less is more ^_^ what do i have? i only have 2 brush, smudge brush and brow brush and a dozen of sponge applicators ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am horrible when it comes to collecting makeup tools. I have more brushes and applicators than I know what to do with. I love the simplicity of your collection.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh I love that Illamasqua brushes! It's so much better than MAC brushes! It doesn't shed and is sooo soft.. I use this blush brush for my Chanel Bronze Universal and it's perfect!

    Great blog btw.. I'm following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Shu uemura or Elf eyelash curler?Any suggestion?

    Best Of Luck!!
    Best Eyelash Curler

    ReplyDelete
  24. nice collection. i've never tried bobbi and shu brushes. your brush cup is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love how simple you are, because if i see many brushes i feel tempted to buy all of them, lol. yet my fingers would work best with most of things specially applying bb cream, concealer and eating(totally unrelated lol)

    ReplyDelete