Monday, April 4, 2011

Mac Quite Cute Bubble Tea and Giggly Swatches


Hi everyone! When I first saw preview pics of Mac's quite Cute collection (ages ago on numerous beauty blogs), I had made up my mind to get one thing, the Mineralize Blush in Giggly. The preview pics of it the mineralize blushes with their little hearts just looked too adorable!


When the collection came out, I caved and also bought the Plushglass in Bubble Tea. I've been looking for a nude gloss for the past 6 months, and the name and shade of this gloss is so cute!



Here are some close up pics of the Mineralize Blush in Giggly:



It's a duo toned blusher (I love how the second shade is in the form of a heart!), in light pink and pearly plum. Blended together, you get a pinky-violet shade with subtle sheen. This blush is quite pigmented as the colours show up strongly. A slight downpoint to this blush was how powdery it was. When little bits of powder would get all over the packaging when swirling the blush with a brush. you can see an example of this in the pic above, powder is collecting at the edges of the blush.


Below are swatches of the blush:


L-R: Pink shade, Plum Shade (the heart), and mixed together


And the blush (both colours mixed together on my cheek):


I really like this shade as it brightens up my skin and gives me a fresher appearance.


Next up is the Plushglass in bubble Tea. This is my first Mac Plushglass.


The Plushglass glosses have plumping properties which are apparent with the tingling sensation my lips got when I applied the gloss. Bubble Tea is a creamy pale peachy nude with subtle micro-shimmer.


Here are swatches of this gloss on my hand and lips:



This gloss is really sheer and gives a nice 'nude' look to the lips.

25 comments:

  1. ahhhh so pretty! :3 but the lippie seems a bit too sheer for me since i have pigmented lips but it looks lovely on you! the blush also looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for swatches,
    i love the blush it seem really great
    and that gloss look good for a lip nude look

    ow i wanna have that blush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggly looks so pretty!

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the plushglass. would look great on top of lip concealer. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear!the blush and plushglass look so good on u! i love how the blush makes the skin looks more fresh and dewy with subtle shimmer. great choices gorgeous! i love ur blog and i stop by almost everyday! love it to bits..take care pretty...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the swatches. Giggly looks gorgeous on you, I'll be purchasing that as well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the look of those! I really want to get 'Candy Yum yum' lipstick! And now the blush is looking interesting too :)

    The blush looks lovely on you, I have been loving a bright blush look lately. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may buy Giggly because seems amazing.
    You've got really pretty lips :D
    X Cate

    ReplyDelete
  9. That blush looks very wearable and 'quite cute' indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOO! I really would like giggly or sakura if I could scrape my pennies together! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHH the lippie is super cute! : D

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the blush! :)) looks good on you dear! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Giggly blush looks so pretty. I wonder why it's so powdery? Thanks for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blush looks lovely on you - a really soft flush! Shame I didn't have time to check out this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoaa.. nice buys. The blusher is so cute!!

    Hmm, I'll check them out when they finally hit our shores. Which will probably in another month or so >.<

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow wow!!! so pretty! both the blush and the lipgloss look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute and pretty, love them both, great post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey:) I just found your blog! you are amazing:) and I really like your blog >_<

    ReplyDelete
  19. That blush is so pretty in the pot.
    X

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the blush color, I'm going to go to the mall tomorrow to check out the new products!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The blush is definitely a pretty shade of pink for your skin tone!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. The MAC blush looks super cute like a candy pink on you! <3

    ReplyDelete