Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Naturally Nude FOTD

Hi everyone! I haven't done a FOTD for awhile, so today I decided to do a natural/nude makeup look.


I love rose coloured blushes and lipsticks, but today I thought I'd do something a little different. I tried to create a really natural look using rosy beige nude tones. I normally stay away from nude lipsticks as they tend to wash out my complexion, but I've found a lovely shade that doesn't make me look too sickly.


As I wanted this look to be natural, I tried to use as little products as I can.


The five products I used were:

RMK Pressed Powder N 01

Giorgio Armani Fluid sheer 11 (as blush)

Nars Duo Eyeshadow in All About Eve

Kiss Me Heroine Liquid Eyeliner

myface Gigabite Lipstick in Vintage Pink


I really love Nars' All About Eve. The colours are really natural, yet super pretty with a satin finish.

Oh no! I just realised I look like I'm actually in the nude in these pics. I assure you I AM wearing clothes!

I'm using RMK's new Pressed Powder N as a base. I'm really impressed with it and will post a review on it next week.

My lashes look non-existent as I decided not to use mascara for this FOTD.


This is the myface Vintage Pink lipstick that I used. It's the only nude lipstick I own, and I wear it whenever I want that 'polished' look or if I'm going for a natural makeup look.


It's such a gorgeous nude:


I especially love the texture of this lipstick. It's very creamy! Below is a lip swatch of Vintage Pink:





38 comments:

  1. omg....omg omg. *drooolll*
    what a lovely FOTD of yours ~ love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the look! *_* You look amazing! LOL. Didn't notice u were "nude" until you mentioned it.. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u look so lovely and natural,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're pretty! with or without makeup ..love the look :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing! as always. <3 LOL on looking like you're in the nude! i was so busy admiring your FOTD and how lovely you look i didnt even notice that! :P

    whats the Giorgio Armani Fluid sheer 11, a foundation or a bronzer? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! You look radiant in these pictures =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow can't believe you look so good with only 5 products! lovely!

    http://heatherdoesmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you look really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're such a natural beauty, reallyreallyreally beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always looks fresh and elegant, I love this look, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing! Your skin looks flawless Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you got amazing skin! you remind me of those ads in asia where the girl has awesome skin and looks like they got no make up on :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful! ♥
    You have such gorgeous skin... Lucky girl!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! you look amazing! i think any look will suit you since you're so pretty and don't worry i realize you're wearing a tube LOL! x)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning. You look very beautiful nice job! :) Love your hair by the way

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing, your skin looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this look, very flawless and gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing. I love the nude tones.
    xx
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously, you always look amazing, Penelope! Your skin is absolutely flawless as always!

    The nude lipstick looks very pretty on you! Loving your lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. :) you look beautiful! really relaxed but put together too
    I really love the lip colour
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks soo pretty! So natural and polished! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. amazing blog!!! what about following each other?:D kisses from Poland <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi hun.. thank you for leaving sweet note on my page!!! hugs back ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  24. you look great in Nude! I find myself looking somewhat sick in that kind of shade but you pull it off really well, very natural and prettY!

    ReplyDelete
  25. SO gorgeous! Love a nude look, so simple and natural, I wish I could pull off bangs like you, and quite honestly, I think I actually do have the face for it, but I just can't get over my annoyance with things touching my face! :-/

    Love the look of your blog, I'm at: http://blogs.inlandempirefamily.com/2011/04/14/color-florals-and-skirts-spring-2011-trends/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks everyone for your comments, and for the compliments on my skin x

    @Coffretgeorge The Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer is more like an illuminating fluid that can be used either as a bronzer, highlighter or blush depending on the shade
    @Nonscalanka am following your blog now x

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are a natural beauty!:D I like this nude lipstick on you.:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the look and you are flawless as ever! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wooo i love this look!
    thanks for coming by! i need some good make up tips for my blog pics too! def follow u for some advice:)
    xx
    www.vnikali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. you look super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Simple and Lovely!!
    I'm so tempted to do it too!

    Cheers, Nat
    http://nataliesecretcode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. pretty^ i love you look..
    Mi-Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete