Sunday, May 9, 2010

Shiseido Translucent Loose Powder Review

Hi, I've been on a search for the perfect loose powder. My quest is to find a powder gets rid of excess shine and provides a radiant glow, whilst being kind and non-irritating to my sensitive skin.

Today I thought I'd share with you my thoughts on Shiseido's Translucent Loose Powder


It comes in a translucent violet tub, packaged in a shiny red box. According to Shiseido, this product is non-comedogenic and is dermatologist tested.



The powder puff that comes with it is pretty pale pink, with a red satin ribbon. This puff is the softest I have ever come across. Feels incredible to use!


I found the powder to be very fine. It contains very tiny particles of shimmer, which on the skin provides a nice radiant finish. It definately did the job of mattifying oily areas, and my skin has not been irritated by this product so far.

Here I am using this loose powder. It actually gave me more coverage than I expected from a loose powder. My face was a bit blotchy and red the day these pics were taken. With just the loose powder on top of moisturiser, it provided just enough coverage for the redness.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this powder. It absorbed oily areas of my skin, and provided a small amount of coverage. On top of foundation, it will give skin a flawless complexion. I especially liked how the powder wasn't too matt, and that it gave a nice radiant sheen. In addition, I didn't feel the need to reapply the powder during the day.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. I'm also looking for a loose powder that isn't too mattifying since those tend to irritate my skin. Do you know if the Shiseido contains bismuth oxychloride? I'm sensitive to that stuff, breaks me out like crazy :\ Most powders contain bismuth as a binder and illuminator, it's supposed to give your skin this silky smooth feel and candlelight glow. So it's been hard for me to find powders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shiseido. The loose powder looks great on you. I definitely need something that will do the job of absorbing oil, without looking too powdery on the face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This powder sounds nice. I want a powder to help with my shiny forehead. {*hehe} I will look into this one more. Thanks for sharing.
    It looks really good on you. Your skin looks flawless as usual.


    <3 Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome on you! Looking very pretty there :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look good, I'm in search of a good powder too that doesn't look to cakey on my face. Too bad that Sephora doesn't store Shiseido make up stuff anymore at their store. Otherwise I wouldn't mind trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. got to check this out later at the counter, since it looks so great on u! was is expensive in the UK?

    xoxo elle

    ReplyDelete