Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sakura Inspired FOTD

Finally it's springtime! And around this time Cherry Blossoms are beginning to bloom. The sakura cherry blossoms are incredibly beautiful. I'm going to Japan this spring/summer, but sadly I'll miss the blossoming!


Anyway, in the spirit of Sakura and springtime, I've decided to do a fresh looking FOTD using spring colours of green, pink and peach.



The products used for this look is shown below:


Face:
Skin79 The Oriental Gold BB Cream
MAC Cremeblend Blush - so sweet so easy (Mac in lillyland)
MAC Cream Colour Base - Luna

Eyes:
Paul and Joe Eye Colour Primer - 01
MAC Eyeshadow - Pearlmatte (Mac in lillyland)
MUFE Aqua Eyes Eyeliner - 2L
Clinique High Lengths Mascara (not shown in pic - oops)

Lips:
Chanel Rouge Coco - Gardenia 13
Shu Uemura Gloss Unlimited - RD133S

This is the BB cream I am wearing:


This BB cream has a fairly thick consistency and provides light to medium coverage. It has a light floral scent which I love. What I like most about this BB cream is that it gives a nice glowing finish, with no need for powder to set. The coverage is light enough to let enough of my real skin show through, for a natural look.


I then applied a tiny amount of the MAC colour base in Luna to my cheeks to highlight my cheekbones, followed my the MAC cremeblend blush on the apples of my cheeks.



On my eyes, I used the MAC pearlmatte.



After applying the Paul and Joe eye colour primer, I used the pearly white shade all over the upper lid. I then used the spring green colour on my upper eyelid, and lined the lower eyelid with the pink.


I then added a touch of brown eyeliner, followed by mascara:




On my lips, I used Chanel's new Rouge Coco in Gardenia. It gave a really pretty pale petal pink colour.



I applied Shu Uemura's gloss unlimited on top for extra shine, and to deepen the colour.




Here's the finished sakura inspired FOTD. I wore a peach dress to match:




To finish this spring look I've added a sweet pink NOTD, using Essie nail colour in Princess Pink.

8 comments:

  1. Nice FOTD! I love sakuras too
    just wondering, whats the brush thats shown in ur products pic?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love makeup that is not overdone, and just enhances natural beauty! You look so fresh in those colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty. =]
    I love how you used two different colors, green on your lids and pink on your lower lash line. Very creative.

    Have you tried any other BB creams by Skin79?


    <3 Serena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girls, thanks for your comments! The brush in the picture is Illamasqua Blusher Brush 1. It's great for applying both cream and powder based blushers. The small head is especially good for blush quads where I want to pick just one particular shade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a super fresh and pretty look! Love your lipstick-lipgloss combo! And wow, you have super big eyes! *envious* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love this look - it's simple and pretty =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fresh look.gives you that wonderfulglow. perfect for spring =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for following!

    very pretty fotd; i loveeee sakuras!!

    the nail colour is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete