Friday, April 16, 2010

MAC Pro Longwear Lipstain Markers & Liberty of London Beauty Powder

Just a quick post about a mini MAC haul. I've been to MAC recently to check out their latest limited edition collections. I came home with an item their Liberty of London collection, as well as several of their new pro longwear lipstain markers:


The Liberty of london item that I bought was their beauty powder in Shell Pearl. I just love the foral and bird print on the casing! This design was based on an old Liberty & Co. fabric print.


I really do love this beauty powder. I've read some good reveiws about it, and couldn't wait for it to come to the UK. Shell Pearl is a beautiful pale peach with gold pearl.



Hopefully, you can see in the swatch below that it gives a nice glow without being too shimmery. I use this beauty powder as a blush on days when I want a really natural look. It's also great for highlighting due to its glow:



I've been excited about the Pro Longwear Lipstain Markers eversince I've first heard about them. I love lipstains, and the maker pens make them so fun to use. I bought them in the colours; Full of Flare, Puposefully Red, and A Classic.



Below are lip swatches of my new lipstain markers.

Full of Flare:


- a bright coral


Purposefully Red:


- a nice vibrant red colour


A Classic:
- a rosy red (sorry the pic is so dark.. I ran out of natural light)

The markers were pretty easy to use. However, I found that they tend to stain the dryer parts of my lips more, making the colour slightly unevenly distributed on my lips. The colours are great though, for when i'm in a mood for something more vibrant on my lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment