Monday, August 1, 2011

Hourglass Haul and FOTD


As promised, here is a post on my recent Hourglass Haul. I bought these products from one of my favouritie online stores Zuneta.com.



Hourglass is a Californian brand which boasts cutting-edge formulations and technology in their high quality makeup. From their line I bought the following:


Visionaire Eyeshadow Duo In Suede
Aura Cheek Stain in Petal
Aura Lip Stain in Petal


Visionaire Eyeshadow Duo in Suede - £28


Suede is described as an ivory shimmer, and nude beige shimmer.




The mirror of this compact can swivel 360 degrees, as well as lie flat.


I found the texture of this eyeshadow to be extremely fine. One of the finest I've come across. The powder is very soft to the touch and medium pigmented. It comes with a double ended mini eyeshadow brush which has fine hairs and feels fairly soft.


Swatch of Suede:




Aura Sheer Cheek Stain in Petal - £32



This product is very pricey, but I really love it. It's a lightweight water-based stain that gives the skin natural looking colour with a radiant glow.

The formula is thicker than most stains, which gives me plenty of time to blend it onto my cheeks before the colour sets in. The cheek stain has a twist dispenser, which is great as I can control how much product comes out. It can be applied straight onto the cheeks or applied with fingers. I like to dab it onto my cheeks and use my fingertips to blend.



Petal is a sheer coral-pink. Here is a swatch of it unblended:



Blended:


This shade is more coral than the peachy-pink shades I normally favour. It's easy to blend and feels nice and light on the skin. It doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I'm so impressed with this blush that I'm looking to try out the other shades available, namely Flush (a sheer pinky-red).


Aura Sheer Lip Stain in Petal -£19



This is my favourite and most used product of the three, as I find the shade absolutely perfect for Summer.


Again it is a water-based stain with a twist dispenser. It has a flocked-tip applicator which feels soft on the lips. This lip stain is not as easy to use as it's cheek equivalent. As it's a stain with a sheer metallic finish, I need my lips to be in great condition to apply it. The stain will accentuate any dry parts of the lips.

Petal is a lovely pinky coral shade. Quite a unique lip colour, especially for a stain.





Below is a FOTD of my using all three products.








19 comments:

  1. I love the cheek stain and the eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know it looks a bit stupid since i can barely see what you're wearing but your top looks so cute on the last picture x3
    oh and by the way, i just gave you a blog award here :3 hope you like it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have heard really good things about hourglass's eye shadows...yours looks really neutral and smooth. i hope you enjoy the products! you make me want to try out their eye shadows...

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cheek stain the shade is so pretty! Love your cute blue top, very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! And what a cool eyeshadow compact; I don't think I have ever seen a mirror swing in that direction before. I'd love to try the cheek and lip stains, as they look incredibly rich and gorgeous. Oh, and I love your jade piggy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The eyeshadow palette is gorgeous, and that mirror is fantastic! I really like the lip stain, and that cheek blush stain is really interesting! I've never heard of something like that before, but it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mirror of the eyeshadow compact! I've never quite seen anything like this. The texture of the eyeshadow sounds heavenly. The cheek stain looks like lip gloss kinda oily and I'm surprised to read that it isn't greasy. That sounds really promising.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: I didn't know why but all along I thought I had followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soooo pretty!!!
    Gah Hourglass is so flippen expensive here in Canada but I keep thinking I need at least 1 or 2 products from them, esp their eyeshadow duos which look absolutely gorgeous! Now I'm also in love with the lip stain!
    Your review isn't helping!!xD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Penny, you look beautiful with that eyeshadow quad...especially the taupey brown. I have yet to try Hourglass products but the 360 degree mirror has me sold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice buys! The eyeshadow duo looks like a good neutral combo for the day.:D

    Happy August!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice eyeshadow! love the lipgloss!

    xoxo jenna
    http://thepetiteblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. that color is neat it's like a darker coral, it'd be great for now until fall/winter!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your fotd dear! everything looks wonderful on you. :)

    have heard so many raves about hourglass. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I would love to have suede, and that jade pig of yours =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i really envy with your big doll eyes, heii btw
    Check out my awards for you on my blog hun ..

    http://buildtheface.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the eye shadow shades ang the blush is goooorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul and I always love hourglass but never picked up anything.

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow the eyeshadow colour is really nice and i love the colour on you i love the lip colour!
    Mi_Mi
    x
    mi-miworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete