Hi everyone, here is my second makeup tutorial. It's my step-by-step take on how to easily achieve a Nude Makeup Look.
As Nude colours can really wash out a complexion, it's really important to find shades that suit your skin tone. This can be achieved by trial and error or testing out shades at the makeup counter. I personally avoid too light a lip colour as those tend to make me look really ill.
1. For me, good skin is the key to this Nude Makeup look. For an even complexion, I recommend tinted moisturisers or sheer BB creams over foundations as they let the natural glow of your skin show through. I'm all for enhancing the skin rather than masking it.
I tried out my new Garnier BB cream. As BB creams have quite a thick consistency, only a small amount is needed to blend over the entire complexion. This BB cream was nice and sheer, and left the skin with a dewy glow.
Product used: Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-in-one BB Cream
2. I applied a pale nude eye shadow over the eye-socket to even-out the upper eyelid.
Product Used: Burberry Sheer Eye Shadow in Trench 0.2
3. I tightlined the upper eyelid with a waterproof pencil liner.
Product Used: Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eyeliner in Black
4. I then neatly lined my upper eyelids with a black gel liner.
Product Used: Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black
5. I then curled my upper eyelashes and applied a coat of black mascara.
Products used: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, Lancome Hynose Doll Eyes Mascara
6. To prevent looking washed-out, apply a neutral shade of blush the cheeks. I used a subtle shade of light pink with a golden sheen.
Product used: MAC Beauty Powder in Shell Pearl (LE Liberty of London)
7. Nude coloured lips are another key component to this look. I only own one shade of nude lipstick, so it's definitely my go-to shade for nude lips. I love how easy to wear it is.
Product used: myface cosmetics Gigabyte Lipstick in Vintage Pink
Here's the completed look. I was going for was a natural, yet polished look: