Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a wonderful start to the new year! I received a Stylish Blogger Award, from the super stylish Lydia at The Girl Behind The Fashion Mask. She has a great blog, and I LOVE her outfits and sense of style.
The rules of this award is that you have to write 7 things about yourself, and pass this award on. Lets start with the easy rule; I pass this award on to the following undeniably Stylish Bloggers:
I've recently written 7 things about myself, and contemplated weather I should write 7 more and risk boring my precious readers. But rules are rules, so here are 7 (more) things about myself:
1. I'm left-handed and wear contacts. (My eyesight is pretty poor!). For some reason I've always wanted to date someone who was left handed and wore glasses, but everyone I've ever dated (including my husband) are right-handed and have perfect eyesight.
2. I got married to my husband last year in a small wedding at a beautiful Catholic church. It was the perfect day; I married my soul mate and closefriends and family came from around the world to be there.
3. I've undergone general anaesthetic twice. Both for surgeries on my right hand (poor hand!). Now whenever I get 3 gutter balls in a row in bowling, I blame my hand for being so weak after having 2 surgeries!
4. A band I really like now are the British band, The xx. A band I've loved ever since high school is Muse (coincidently also a British band). I've been to twoof their gigs, both were amazing.
5. I used to be really into swimming, and would train once a day for 3 hours on a weekday, and sometimes twice a day on the weekend. I swam for my state, b
ut gave up training at 17. Mainly because I moved to boarding school in the UK, but also because it too up soooo much of my time!
6. I'm very blessed to have a loving family whom I'm very close to. I got to see them over Christmas (as they live on the other side of the world). It was great spending time with them, as well as shopping with my mum and sis! I don't have a huge amount in common with my dad mainly because he's very businessy and into finance. Also, outside of work, his favourite passion is golf. So to bond with my dad, we mostly go jogging, go t
o the driving range or play basketball.
7. I have a phobia of clowns, fish, wasps and butterflies. I love aquariums and looking at pics of butterflies, but can't stand the thought of them fluttering too near me. I'm weird and unreasonable, I know...
I also received a tag from the lovely Gingersnaps to answer the following questions:
1. Why did you create this blog?
I created this blog partly as an outlet for stress during the last couple of months of my PhD. I was all scienced out and wanted to blog about something removed from my field of work, but also something I was passionate about. I enjoy reading Beauty blogs from around the world and have a lot of beauty products. Rather than have my products just sitting there looking pretty, I decided to write review on them and share my views on them with those with similar passions/interests.
2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
I mainly follow Beauty blogs, but I also like to follow Fashion blogs too as they usually contain such beautiful arty photos.
3. Favorite makeup brand?
I would have to choose Guerlain. I love everything about their products; the colours, the quality and the beautiful packaging. Their Limited Edition collections are the ones I get most excited about.
4. Favorite clothing brand?
I can't decide between Topshop, American Apparel and small independent brands
5. Your indispensable makeup product:
Eyeliner. If I have to wear one product, it would be somethingto line my eyes to make them stand out.
6. Your favorite color:
A deep greenish-blue. I do love serene colours.
7. Your Perfume:
Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pampelune. Such a delicious grapefruit based scent. Have been using it for years.
8. Your favorite film:
Hayao Miyasaki's Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I know, it's an animation, but I really love it!
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
New Zealand. I've heard the scenery is so amazingly beautiful there. I would also love to go glacier walking there. Also my parents met each other and married there.
10. Make the last question yourself and answer:
If you were an actress and were to wear a dress to the Oscars, which designer would you choose?
Though I really love this cute YSL dress Camilla Belle wore:
And for this tag, I tag all of you.