Saturday, March 20, 2010

My first award & Friend's hen party

I received my first blogging award from Ai and Mei. I really encourage you to check out their blog! They're really new, but already hugely popular and has lots of nice beauty tutorials.



With this award, you're meant to:

-link the person who has given this award to you, and pass this award onto 15 other blogs

So, I would like to pass this award onto the following great blogs:

13 December

A Beautiful Sentiment

Angmogirl's Blog

Bitten Before/ Yumeko

Blair

Innerchild

Le Belle Cose

Lolanne
Pinkfish Pie
PowderPuff Girl
Rainy Days and Lattes
Rita in the Real World
Shanghainese Dumpling
Tummycake

Yellowjellybaby

On a separate note, I went to a friend's hen party in Nottingham last weekend. My husband has close friends in Nottingham, so he drove me there and booked a lovely hotel for us to stay in. It's located on the outskirts of Nottingham, so was quite secluded and romantic.



The hotel bathroom had quite a 'loud' design, but I liked it as it was different, and not all stark white.

My husband met up with his friends while I went to the hen party. The hen had to wear a whole collection of flowery garlands. She thought I was being sarcastic when I said it suited her complexion, but i really think it does! For my own hen party, I had to wear a tiara, and a flashing 'bride to be' sign, whilst holding a star-shaped wand. Cringe, (but secretly quite attached to it by the end of the night).

The rest of us had to wear a pretty flower lei, with photos of the bride to be attached. The girl who planned the party went through the poor girl's facebook pictures and picked out the worst ones to laminate. As unflattering as they were, she still looked good in all them.

Here's a couple pics of me and my ex-flatmate:


It was my first ever hen party I attended (thatwas not my own). I had a great time, and it was so nice to see my Nottingham ex-colleagues again. I can't wait for the wedding, as my friend will make a beautiful bride.

8 comments:

  1. WOOT woot Congratz!!

    I have to say that you truly stand out in your pics. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the award sweetie =). You look beautiful =). I really like the bathroom design, loud but fantastic! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a wonderful time, it's always nice to hang out with your girlfriends. I remembered that I held a bachelorette party 2 yrs ago for my girlfriend and we had a blast. It was one crazy night! Is hen party is the same as bachelorette party? Not familiar with the UK terminology for certain things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww thank you sooo much for the award :) hehe

    i've never been to a hen party... but then again, none of my friends are married lol.

    i agree with you, the bathroom design is pretty loud... buuut somehow it looks "right".

    and as usual, you look quite the hottie ;) i <3 your hair *jealous*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a nice time. I've never been to a hen party :p Sounds so cute though. I love the black and white in the hotel! I've never seen anything like that before :p

    Gosh, you have nice hair!!

    Oh, and thank you for nominating me :) You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks sooo much for the award, I really didn't expect it^^

    U always look super pretty in ur pictures, I love that bathroom design looks so cool~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the award, girly!

    Wow, that hotel looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments. Peony, yup a hen party is the same as bachelorette parties. Over here they call them stag(bachelor)and hen dos.

    ReplyDelete