I bought the:
Orange cleansing soap
Hyaluronic moisturizer SPF 15
This review is based on my personal opinion, and may not reflect those of others!
Orange Cleansing Soap - all skin types
In contradiction to its name, this is a soap free cleanser. It has a creamy consistency and has a pleasant 'old school' type soap smell.
- Like the rest of the Mario Badescu skincare range, this product has a relatively short ingredients list. I like that they've kept things nice and simple!
- Really good at removing makeup
- Does not break out my sensitive skin (harsh products can cause me to break out in a rash)
- Left my face feeling fresh and clean
- I found it hard to squeeze the product out of the bottle
All in all, a good product. Nothing terribly exciting, but it does the job. Gentle enough for my sensitive skin, yet thorougly cleanses
Aloe Lotion - normal to conbination, sensitive skin
A mild toner that soothes irritation while disinfecting and deep cleansing the skin
- I found that it does indeed soothe my skin
- Removes all traces of cleanser
- Left skin feeling very fresh
- Amazingly short ingredients list (5 ingredients including aloe leaf juice and magnolia flower extract)
- Sadly this short ingredients list includes alcohol (the jury's still out on whether alcohol containing toners are bad for the skin, but I generaly keep my skin away from alcohol based toners
- slight alcohol scent
Apart from the whole alcohol thing, this is a great toner. I really like how clean it makes my skin feel (though that's probably attributed to the alcohol). I would definately repurchase if it didn't contain the alcohol
Hyaluronic moisturizer SPF 15 - combination, dry & sensitive skin
A moisture retaining lotion with moderate sun protection. Spreadable, cream texture with a subtle neutral scent
- Small, easy to carry bottle
- Long lasting, a little goes a long way!
- Contains SPF
- Did not cause my sensitive skin to break out
- Contains mineral oil (may act as a comedogenic substance - could clog pores)
A good basic moisturizer gentle enough for my skin. I didn't find this amazingly spectacular and probably would not repurchase.
Overall I find these Mario Badescu products really good. I didn't find it amazing though, and did not fall in love with the products. As for the celebrity following, maybe I need to use these products for longer to see its true benefits.